Hythe Town Youth FC takes the welfare of its players seriously. Full details about welfare of our players can be found in our Ethos.
Sara Cave is the Club’s Welfare Officer. Her role involves:
• Ensuring welfare responsibilities are well understood by others
• Working with the Youth League Welfare Officer (YLWO)
• Working with the county FA Welfare Officer
• Promoting the FA’s Respect Programme and helping to develop best practice processes
• Helping club personnel understand what our ‘duty of care’ towards children and young people entails on a day-to-day basis.
The FA has also issued a publication keeping Football Safe and Enjoyable.
One of the forms you must fill in to become a member of Hythe Town Youth FC is the Player & Parent Commitment. This outlines how you are expected to behave and the standards of behaviour we require from not only the players, but parents as well. It’s important to remember that the behaviour of parents on the touchlines directly impacts the club. We can be fined and our teams can lose points due to bad parental behaviour.